The coronavirus (COVID -19) outbreak is of considerable concern to the aviation industry. At ESWACAA, our main aim is to protect the health and welfare of our customers, travelers, staff, and the public.
The Authority has ensured several engagements to assess COVID-19 threats. Recommendations have been made to reduce exposure of the virus within our premises and to improve the response to public health-related emergencies.
The following actions are being taken by the Authority:
- Continued collaboration and communication will continue to be made with the various stakeholders.
- Continued surveillance on all people through non-invasive screening as they enter our premises. This is meant to check for any symptoms that might match behavior of the virus. No discrimination will be exercised to any person.
- Availability of hygiene services in terms of regular cleaning of surfaces, provision of sanitizing consumables and closed waste bins.
- Continued updates to exercise necessary precautions with regards to prevention, preparedness and reporting.
- Continued evaluation of risk while implementing necessary measures in line with guidelines laid by World Health Organization (WHO), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Ministry of Health.