Eswatini Civil Aviation Authority now provides an Online Application Platform for approvals and personnel licences
In an effort to improve business efficiency during this pandemic period, the Authority has introduced an online application platform. This facility is cost effective and safe for applicants to use to apply for licences and approvals in the comfort of their homes, thus curbing the spread of COVID-19.
Applicants who choose to use this platform may apply for approvals to operate a Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPA/ Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) / Drones and other licenses as follows:
- Application for the issue of an approval of UAV operation;
- Application for a duplicate UAV operation approval;
- Application for the amendment of UAV operation approval;
- Application for incorporation of RPAS/UAV/Drone in an existing approval.
When submitting the application, the applicant is required to state the activity for which approval to use an RPAS/UAV/Drone is required for, and is also required to include area/GPS Coordinates. A separate map can be attached for ease of reference.
Issuance of the approval to operate a RPAS/UAV/drone is contingent upon applicant obtaining pre- written approval/authorization from other entities as mentioned below:
- Eswatini Royal Police- Mandatory
- Eswatini Communications Commission- Mandatory
- Umbutfo Eswatini Defense Force- Mandatory
- Local Authority (Such as Chief, District Administrator, Municipality)- Mandatory
- Eswatini Revenue Authority- Where applicable
- Filming Authorities-Where applicable for filming and other photography
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy- Where applicable for mine surveys
- Wildlife Management- Where applicable
- Water Authorities- Where water surveys are done
- Others (Such as farm or premise owner, Municipality)- Where applicable
For ease of reference, the Authority has an Advisory Circular available on the ESWACAA website (https://www.eswacaa.co.sz/rpas-uav-drone-operation-requirements) for further guidance on the requirements to consider when applying for approvals. The circular applies to commercial applications, corporate operations and non –profits operations and is relevant for all classes.